Customising a Hut
Pricing and Location
Clans or individuals wishing to customise a hut within a settlement can do so at a cost of $15 (USD) per 3 month period. Should you wish to pay for more than 3 months in advance, you can. Once a hut has been paid for 2 years, the owner has the option of making it a permanent hut with no additional fees required.
To avoid the problem of too many huts in each settlement, your choice of location may not be available so please check with us before publicising anything. You have to choose from an existing hut that isn't already a special location such as trading post, medical hut, etc, however exceptions may be made particularly in the case of the shipwreck where there are no available huts.
We've had enquiries regarding huts outside of settlements and it has been decided that these may be permitted subject to approval and at our discretion.
Each custom hut comes with a single custom item which can only be found in the hut. This item is for flavour only and has no effect in-game.
For an extra $5 (USD) per 3 month period, it may be possible to add a second hut on the same tile or possibly a second level to the primary hut. An example of this is the Club Palermo stockroom (second hut) or the Citadel in Dalpok (second level).
What information is required to customise a hut?
Information required to customise a hut (examples given are from the Club House in York and screenshots use the Shartak Skinning Project styles):
- Co-ordinates of the hut. These should be given as the normal GPS co-ordinates if known, or alternatively locate the hut on the towns wiki page.
- New name of the hut
- this should fit within the map square and be limited to about 10 characters
Example: Club House
- Description for inside the hut
- this will replace the current hut description and is limited to 250 characters
Example: You are stood inside a small hut, decorated entirely in pink and purple. A tapestry hanging above the fireplace proudly displays the Botheringham FC logo, and the walls are lined with trophies, pictures and all other manner of Bov's memorabilia
- An image for the outside hut icon
- this must be 40 pixels wide and between 32 and 40 pixels high
- it must be a transparent GIF
- you can base it on www.shartak.com/hut.gif
Example: will be used and looks like
- An image for the inside of the hut
- this must be 80 pixels wide and 80 pixels high
- it must be a transparent GIF suitable to be overlaid and centered on both a 90x90 plain colour #AA8866 or www.shartak.com/skin/lama/hut.gif
- bear in mind that the top left corner may be covered up with the location name and the numbers of outsiders and natives present
Example: will be used and looks like
- If applicable, a minor addition to description for outside the hut.
- it should be kept to the minimum length possible (approx 40-50 characters)
Example: It has a pink and purple scarf hanging above the doorway.
Note that the name you give the hut will appear on the Enter/Leave buttons, for example
Requirements for the optional custom item
Each custom item requires the following:
- a name
- who can "use" it (outsiders/pirates, natives or both)
- some text shown to the player when they use the Identify action on it
- what 'type' of item it is, usually this is just 'worn' since it will show up in the character's profile
We reserve the right to reject or require changes to custom items if deemed unsuitable.
Cookies are in use on this site! Essential ones allow you to login. Google Analytics cookies allow us to monitor how you use the site. Other cookies are for adverts and Facebook social features (eg Like and Login)